Sunday, April 5, 2020

An incomparable experience

 Travelling to different places, meeting new people, getting accustomed to new culture have always been a favourite task to me. So it had always been my intense desire to study abroad.Thus this desire led me to get admitted to the Universiti of Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).


Evening view of Johor Bahru

Sunrise at Desaru Beach
Though I have always loved travelling I have never been away from home, away from my family for long. So it wasn’t really easy for me to cope with the lonely life. From the very first day I arrived at UTM I was all panic stricken thinking about how I’d survive the next 4 years without my family. Moreover the hectic 5 hours of journey, the stress of enrolment registration, fees payment, searching for dorm all added to my frustration leaving me with no peace of mind. But some how I managed to get back to the travelling passion and started enjoying the scenic beauty that UTM had been blessed with by the nature. The central mosque, the stadium, the UTM lake, the peakest point that is the belai cerap everything seemed to be unreal. The mesmerizing 
UTM Lake 
beauty, the soothing breeze, the polite nature left me speechless. Besides, the city Johor Bahru (where UTM is located) seems to be a paradise designed by the Almighty . Walking by the sea at Danga Bay, taking photos with Singapore at the back at Puteri Harbour, witnessing the sunrise at Desaru Beach all were like life time opportunities to me.


             
Again, the Malaysian cuisine which includes vast variety of delicious and luscious dishes surely makes this a heavenly place to any food lovers like me. The traditional and mouthwatering dishes like Nasi Goreng Ayam, Nasi Lemak, Nasi Goreng Paprik, Mee Goreng etc. are really hard to resist and that might be the reason I have grown this fat.      


Again the people here will never make you feel like a stranger or an outsider. Their hospitality, their humbleness, their politeness, their always happy and caring attitude will urge you to love them.

Besides all of these, UTM has also gifted me with friends from different regions of the world like Nigeria, Sudan, Pakistan who are always there by my side. Moreover, the lecturers, the moderators are no less than guardians. Their constant support are that all one needs while studying thousands of miles away from home.


Me and my friends appreciating the beauty of UTM

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAKING A DIFFERENCE-5

S o I ’ m down to write a series of 5 blogs on some   Social organizations and people of pure soul   from my   hometown   Chittagong, Bangl...